Thursday, February 7, 2013

Lying my choices away

I don't like being lied to. Or feel like the truth is being omitted. It has got to be one of the worst feelings ever. It makes everything in me tight with stress.

I've been asking myself why this one sin bothers me so much. Maybe because it is the root of so many other sins...

I want to know all the information. It makes me feel safe. It makes me feel confident in my choices. It helps me understand the whole story. I feel more sympathetic and empathetic.

Is it because then, I feel more in control? Is that a bad kind of control?

Maybe it's because when I am lied to I feel hurt that I wasn't trusted enough to share the truth. That someone took a choice from me by keeping it from me.

Don't lie. I might not like it, I might have to make choices neither one of us like, but they are my choices based on your choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment