Thursday, July 7, 2011

When there's a will...

You have to give me a break. I've had a lot on my mind lately... you know... wedding... moving... summer in general...

The top of my dryer has been loaded with various craft supplies because I've been using them often lately and I've been too lazy to put it all away. So... it was my own fault when I pulled out the lint trap and had a glue stick roll straight down the hole. I didn't panic. Oh no. Not me. I pulled the dryer out, unscrewed the 20 billion screws on the back of the dryer to find out there is NO WAY to get into the lint area from the back... or the front... or the top... Seriously. I couldn't leave the glue stick in there! What if it melted, or caused a fire?

I waited for B to come over later on that day with a metal hanger to try and pull it out. Nope. Not budging. It's the most irritating thing to be able to reach something but not be able to do anything about it! So I look at B with a very determined look on my face. "We're pulling out the dryer and we're going to flip it upside down and hopefully it will roll out." Now B and I have been together for over a year but I still seem to surprise him with my ideas (What? Isn't that the first thing you'd think of???). So I sat myself on the floor and we flipped the dryer on top of my knees. I banged that dryer so hard that all three children looked at me like I'd lost it. I had. I lost that stinkin' glue stick and I was going to get it OUT!

Ok. So the banging and flipping over didn't work. Did I give up? Uh, no. Never! After laying it down and finding various other "treasures", I decide to flip that dryer upside down one more time and... out rolled the glue stick! There were some cheering and hollering (all coming from me only) and a high five (with B who was still wondering what in the world he was getting himself into in just a few short days).  Ah... victory was mine!

...there's always a way.

No comments:

Post a Comment