Friday, April 15, 2011

Women

On Tuesday nights I stand in a crowd of about 100 women. It's one of the most beautiful sights. The sun is slowly setting and the women are all standing in together, listening to our speaker who is telling us about different ways to get healthy, not skinny, just healthy.

I love to look at all these women, different shapes, not one of them is the same. I love that. I love that God created us all so differently. I love that as hard as I try, my body will never look like someone else's (naturally). I love that I can run along side these women and at that moment, we're all the same. It's not a competition but a place to find camaraderie. It's free of judgement. It's acceptance.

I'm not at a place where I completely accept my body, but I am going to accept myself and my self is imperfect and real.

No comments:

Post a Comment