Thursday, April 7, 2011

Blending

Blending families. It's been on my mind quite a bit lately.

I don't like conflict or tension. Things that are bound to happen when we take two very different families, 5 very different people and we throw them together.

I worry about being fair. I worry about spreading the love around evenly. I worry about balancing marriage and kiddos. I worry about not having enough time for everyone. Actually, I'm worrying about the same things I worried about during my second pregnancy. I was petrified then, that my Peanut would feel left out or that I wouldn't love my new little Monkey as much. I worried that someone would feel hurt and left out. And it happened. Someone was hurt, schedules were shifted, and lives were completely flipped upside down in order to make room for another little blessing.

It's silly of me to worry about such things because I know things are not going to be perfect and that I can not mitigate conflict before it happens. I couldn't remove and worry away the chaos and challenges that we faced as a family with a new baby in the house and I won't be able to do it this time.

I will do the only thing I can do... fall to my knees.

Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. Matt 6:34

No comments:

Post a Comment