Monday, October 30, 2017

It's been a while

I thought I was done with blogging.
Little time and mixed up thoughts were keeping my words from reaching the blog.

So much time has passed and we're in a new chapter in our lives.

We are now foster parents.
It took 30 hours of classes, months of back and forth about our license and a few family meetings.

Here we are.
What does that look like? It looks like fragile hearts, busy schedules, and early morning feedings.

We have and 11 children in our home since June. We are loving and caring for 9, 10, and 11 right now.  There have been many tears shed, lots of adjusting and readjusting, lots of prayers and lots of love.

Why do we foster? Because every child deserves a chance to thrive. Every parent deserves time to make it right again. Every heart deserves to be mended.

My heart has been all over the place lately and sometimes it spills over with feelings and sometimes it needs mending. I hope coming back to writing will help me process this all.

No comments:

Post a Comment