Sunday, May 11, 2014

Memories

Flipping through all four albums of your first year of life I comment on when you got your first tooth... How old you were when you took your first step... Your favorite food... How you didn't like to be very far from me, ever. 

You comment about how cool it is that I remember everything. I smile. 

I don't, you know... Remember everything. 

I don't remember the last time I rocked you to sleep. 
I don't remember the last time I gave you a bottle. 
I don't remember the last day you had a pacifier... Or the last day you cried when I left the room... Or when I stopped lathering you up with lotion after a bath. 

I don't remember those lasts and I wish I could. 

You commented how you wished we could go back to those times... There are times... Lots of them, that I too wish the same. 

You wonder if you will take your child to tumbling like we did with you... Or take your child to a parent and tot swimming class... Or if you'll rock your baby to sleep every single night for the first year (and then some)!

You will. 
I know this because when I ask if you want to go through those four albums with me, you don't hesitate. 

You still love snuggling with me. You cherish the time alone we seldom get. You whisper that you still want to be with me all the time. 

There isn't a doubt in my mind that you will do all those things we did and do with you, because your heart is ready wired that way. 

Thank you, my Peanut, for making me a mom. It has and continues to be such an honor. 

No comments:

Post a Comment