Friday, July 19, 2013

Deserving

You deserve it.

It's a phrase I do not like. 

When I shared with a friend that we were purchasing a house she was really excited for us and said "oh! How awesome. You guys deserve it!"

She was being kind and toughtful and I so appreciate her support. In reality though... We don't deserve it. 

You know? We deserve punishment. An eternity filled with gnashing of teeth and all things demonic. 

But what do we get? I get? 
Me... Sinful and sin filled?

Blessings. Too many to count. 
A healthy family. Beautiful children. A loving husband. Yearly family vacations. Nice cars. A house...

...a Heavenly Father who blesses me beyond reason. A Father who sees the good through all my mistakes and gifts me with this life. 

I pray I never lose sight of His grace, mercy and love... and that I never feel deserving. 

No comments:

Post a Comment