Friday, June 22, 2012

Ashy

"I know it's a touchy subject" you said... I quickly answered that it wasn't.

Or is it?
Is talking about our short time with "Ashy" a touchy subject?

We stepped in quickly as quickly as we had to step out.
She was the sweetest little thing. Eager to explore. Eating machine. Lots of hugs and kisses. And by day 4, 4 additional new teeth.

I didn't want to be her mother, I knew it was temporary. But I enjoyed every moment of mothering her. Rocking, feeding, playing, adventuring. Enjoying this fifth little member of our family.

So now... she's not a touchy subject.
But maybe the way she went back is.

Maybe my struggle with control is part of the sensitivity with this. The process didn't follow the course. The goals weren't met and most thought, as did we, to create a solid and stable home, the parents needed to reach them.

But that's not how it happened. And now... 4 years later, from what I understand, she's thriving.
She's a happy, healthy preschooler.

God's plan is always a good one. And this one isn't any different.
A few months after she left our family fell apart. God knew I needed to focus on the boys. And God knew that Ashy's parents would take care of her.

I will never forget our time with her. She blessed our lives and I pray that, as young as she was, her soul was touched by our love for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment