Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Your life, my blessing

It's funny where we have our conversations. Rarely in a conventional spot. 
These conversations were no different.

I asked a lot of questions and you answered them all - you added the detail I was looking for and the history my heart craved.

You lived a life before me. Before mom. Before Northern Ontario. 
You lived a life of farming, of logging, of mischief making. You lived a life, I thirst to know. To live through your stories.

In knowing your stories, your history- I feel closer to you. I will carry the stories you shared with me in my heart, forever giving me a more well rounded view of the man I first loved. 

My love and respect grew that much more during my little "interrogation". You, Papa, are truly a remarkable human being.

Je t'aime fort fort plus que tout les nuages.
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment