Monday, April 27, 2015

Who Would You Save?

You asked me a question the other night before we jetted off to another baseball practice.

"I'm going to put you on the spot. Because you only have two arms... if the three of us were in terrible danger and you could only save two, who would it be?"

Interesting... since I've thought of this before. I think every mother does. But yours isn't a typical question and we both know it... you followed it up by pointing at the other two and saying "I know it would be them."

This question didn't faze me or cause me anxiety (you guys can throw out some doozies!). I answered honestly.

"I would save you all and give myself as a sacrifice or jump to my death to save you."

That's the truth. I love you all more than any of you can comprehend. But let's be honest - this wasn't a clean question... this one had tons of dirty little tenticles of doubt and hurt and insecurities. This one was deep.

You, sweet child, are one of the most amazing gifts God has given me. I don't pretend to be what I'm not, but I give you my word that every fiber of my being would fight to the death for you - for your soul, for your heart, and for your head. You own a big chunk of my heart. Don't let biology mess with your head.

No comments:

Post a Comment