Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Excuses, excuses

I don't get it. 
I don't understand why you wouldn't want to go. 
Why you wouldn't want to go every week... At a minimum. 
Why you wouldn't want to be a part of it. 
Why you come up with a bajilion crack pot reasons why you can't or won't. 

Why won't you go to church?

Why won't you come a hang out with other totally messed up people and worship Him?

Don't you know how simply amazing it is to be a part of a Biblical community? Don't you know that you are missing out on something bigger than you? 
Don't you know that your excuses are just that... Excuses? 
Don't you know that your children are watching.. and they pay attention to your actions way more than they listen to your words?

Maybe you don't get it because you've never felt accepted before. Because you've never let others help you. Because you've never truly surrendered yourself. Because you have other gods and they take up a lot of your time. 

I want you to know something about my church family. When my little world fell apart, they picked up the pieces. When I couldn't do for myself, they did for me. When life was more than I could handle, they handled it for me. They were the hands and feet of Jesus. 

I have been on the receiving and the giving end and either side is a good side. My church is what God intends for "church" to be... A community of believers living the Word together. 

Doesn't that sound like what you have been searching? Go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment